Friday, April 26, 2019

Addendum

So that’s it. I’m done for the year! It should have been posting this a month ago, but ho-hum. It is what it is. I’m done. 

After the half hour wait for the flush of my system to calm down I had to then have blood tests! Comical, to say the least. Theee nurses tried to take blood. You know the saying ‘blood from a stone’, I’m a stone!! Three nurses, six attempts! It got to the stage where they were getting the vein, but the blood wasn’t flowing! I know my veins are bad, but this was awful! My arms look like something from the Mummy with all the white bandages covering the needle marks!! First nurse finally got it, but wow, some of the most pain I’ve felt in a long time. 

So now the monthly blood tests begin. I need to be aware of all the additional side effects the EMA have their concerns with. A higher risk of DVT, along with pulmonary embolisms/edema. Not a great deal, but close monitoring and following medical advice should keep me on the road to health and a little more MS freedom. 

So, to the road to recovery, i toast you, my reader. 
J

No comments:

Post a Comment